This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CLEVELAND– Emergency crews responded to a fire at an apartment on Cleveland’s east side Monday afternoon.

The Cleveland Division of Fire were called to the building on Miles Avenue near East 102nd Street just before 3 p.m.

Cleveland Fire Spokesman Larry Gray said the fire started on the sixth floor. It was caused by unattended food left on the store.

The fire was quickly extinguished. Two people were examined at the scene for possible smoke inhalation.

Residents from as many as 22 apartments were displaced by the smoke and water damage, Gray said. The American Red Cross came to the scene to help.