**For more on the death of singer Helen Reddy, watch the video below.
(WJW) — Country singer and songwriter Mac Davis has passed away at 78 following a heart procedure, People reports.
Davis’ family said on Twitter Monday that he was “critically ill following heart surgery in Nashville. Your love and prayers will be deeply appreciated at this time.”
According to People, Davis was a songwriter for Elvis Presley, writing songs like “In the Ghetto,” “Memories” and “Don’t Cry Daddy.”
He also wrote songs for Glen Campbell and Kenny Rogers.
Dolly Parton on Monday shared the family’s tweet on Monday.
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Giuliani to face Georgia poll workers as defamation case heads to trial
- Joe Flacco announced as starting QB for rest of season following big home win
- TLC star Anna ‘Chickadee’ Cardwell, sister of Honey Boo Boo, dies at 29
- Mama June says daughter Anna ‘Chickadee’ Cardwell has died at 29
- Trump reverses on testifying in New York fraud trial, says he won’t take the stand