This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Joey Feek, half of the country duo Joey + Rory, passed away Friday after her long battle with cervical cancer, her husband wrote on their blog

Rory Feek has been documenting his wife’s battle with cancer on his blog, This Life I Live since her diagnosis.

Fans have been following their journey since Joey, who was only 40, was diagnosed with cervical cancer a few months after she gave birth to their daughter, Indiana, in 2014.

Recently, the family was able to enjoy the holidays and Indiana’s 2nd birthday, something Rory said Joey wanted to make it to.

“The hospice nurse came again this morning and said Joey will most-likely only be with us for a few more days… at the most,” Rory wrote earlier this week.

Read part of Rory’s post here and the full post here:

My wife’s greatest dream came true today.  She is in Heaven.

The cancer is gone, the pain has ceased and all her tears are dry.  Joey is in the arms of her beloved brother Justin and using her pretty voice to sing for her savior.

At 2:30 this afternoon, as we were gathered around her, holding hands and praying.. my precious bride breathed her last.  And a moment later took her first breath on the other side.

Love story

The couple met at a songwriting even in 2002. Six years later, their path to stardom began after they competed on CMT’s music competition show “Can You Duet.”

Their first single, “Cheater, Cheater,” had a popular video with a cameo by Naomi Judd. The couple also appeared in commercials for

And despite Joey’s terminal illness, the couple earned a 2016 Grammy nomination for their performance of “If I Needed You.”

In his latest blog post, Rory Feek wrote about how proud he was of his wife’s accomplishments.

“Joey has done all she set out to do… even right to the very end, and by sheer will-power (and God’s grace), she was still here to to see our baby’s 2nd birthday,” he wrote Monday.

“Over the last number of weeks her pain had gotten worse and her health had continued to decline rapidly. And not long after Indy’s birthday my wife decided that ‘enough is enough’. She was ready to stop fighting and she told me so. She said the flowers would soon be blooming back in Tennessee. It’s time to go home.”