Trump’s campaign says the event will take place at 7 p.m. in Sanford.
The rally will be Trump’s first since he tested positive for the coronavirus Oct. 1 with just weeks to go before voting ends in the Nov. 3 election.
Trump’s doctor, Sean P. Conley, said in a memo Thursday that he “fully anticipate(d)” that Trump would be able to safely “return to public engagements” as soon as Saturday.
Trump is also planning to hold his first in-person event since testing positive for the coronavirus on Saturday.
Two weeks after the Rose Garden event that is now considered a “superspreader,” Trump is planning to convene another large crowd outside the White House for an event on “law and order.” That’s despite the ongoing White House COVID-19 outbreak.
An official says Trump will address the group from a White House balcony. The official declined to say how many people had been invited.
The event was first reported by ABC News.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Face to face: Biden, Putin meet for long-anticipated summit
- Cleveland firefighter fired following rape and kidnapping charges
- Video shows man apologized before Honolulu police shot him
- Ohio-based Phantom Fireworks says industry faces possible fireworks shortage for July 4th
- Cybersecurity, arms control on agenda for meeting between Putin and President Biden