AKRON, Ohio (WJW) — Free coronavirus testing was offered in Akron on Sunday.
Summa Health Systems conducted the virus testing in the parking lot at the House of the Lord church, located at 1650 Diagonal Rd.
Tests were administered from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
The health care network said it is important to get tested so you can receive the medical attention you need and protect those around you from contracting COVID-19.
The tests are not antibody tests, but instead, tests to determine if you actively have the virus.
You do not have to be showing symptoms.
Summa Health asked that you bring proper identification with you and a health insurance card if you have one. Health insurance coverage was not required as testing is free; there was no out-of-pocket cost or co-pay for this service.
Those with questions about the testing event are encouraged to contact Summit County Public Health at 330-926-5795.
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX 8:
- Dodgers win 1st World Series title since 1988
- Lorain City Schools announce two new COVID-19 cases within district
- Dry day on Wednesday, widespread rain returns Thursday
- Several Highland Heights homes vandalized with paintballs
- Unrest continues in Philadelphia for second night, following deadly police shooting