DELAWARE (AP) — Joe Biden will unveil a group of scientists and experts to help him craft a plan to tackle the coronavirus pandemic on Monday.
Biden announced his plans to launch the COVID-19 task force during remarks at his victory party Saturday night. He said those advisers would help him take the proposals he’s released during the campaign for dealing with the pandemic — which include investments in personal protective equipment and loans for small businesses as well as plans to implement more standardized public health guidelines — and turn those proposals into a “blueprint” that he’ll enact when inaugurated president next January.
Biden said the plan would be “built on bedrock science” and “constructed out of compassion, empathy and concern.” Biden made President Donald Trump’s mishandling of the pandemic a central focus of his campaign and pledged that his top priority as president would be managing the virus.
Biden said that “our work begins with getting COVID under control” , adding Americans “cannot repair the economy, restore our economy or relish life’s most precious moments” without doing so.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- No fans at home games in December for Pittsburgh Steelers
- Browns CB Ward to miss time with calf injury, reports say
- Voices of Unity: Spoken word for social justice
- Expiration dates extended on Ohio driver licenses, ID’s, and vehicle registrations
- Pennsylvania certifies Biden as winner of presidential vote