The travel advisory includes US states reporting positive testing rates of 15% or higher for COVID-19.
Based on a 7-day rolling average of positivity rates on August 5, the affected states are:
- Mississippi (25.8%)
- Alabama (19.9%)
- Nevada (19.0%)
- Florida (18.2%)
- Arizona (18.1%)
- Idaho (17.5%)
The list of states included in Ohio’s travel advisory will be updated every week on Wednesday.
Ohioans are encouraged to avoid traveling to the states included in the advisory. Anyone entering Ohio after travel to these states is asked to self-quarantine for 14 days.
For more information on the travel advisory, visit the Ohio Department of Health’s website.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Joe and Jill Biden train tour launches from Cleveland Wednesday
- Can Cookie save the season? Cleveland Indians need a win tonight to keep the season alive
- ‘I am woman’ singer Helen Reddy dies at 78
- Clouds, wind, and rain; cooler air pushes in tomorrow
- From ‘Will you shut up man?’ to ‘Everyone knows he’s a liar,’ first presidential debate goes off the rails