There have been 305,364 total confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19 in the state since the pandemic began, which includes an addition of 7,268 cases reported today, along with a total of 5,742 deaths (including 20 additional fatalities reported today).
The total number of hospitalizations due to the virus is now 22,478 people. The median age of those Ohioans getting coronavirus is now 42 years old.
About 205,198 people are presumed to have recovered from the illness in the state.
Here are the Ohio counties with the most coronavirus cases:
- Franklin: 43,520
- Cuyahoga: 29,952
- Hamilton: 25,528
- Montgomery: 16,904
- Lucas: 12,610
And here are the Ohio counties with the most coronavirus deaths:
- Cuyahoga: 720
- Franklin: 651
- Lucas: 400
- Hamilton: 362
- Mahoning: 295
Today, Gov. Mike DeWine said that he’s not planning an official shutdown for the state of Ohio as coronavirus cases continue to rise. He said last week (as seen in the video above) that he was considering closing bars, restaurants and gyms.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- 50+ best cheap white elephant gifts for $10 and under
- Study: High sugar levels could help pancreatic cancer treatments
- Father of bride ‘giving away’ daughter at wedding: Love or hate?
- 11 states have ‘high’ or ‘very high’ respiratory illness: Map shows where sickness is spreading
- What to do in Cleveland this Christmas season