DeWine said he received a formal request from Cleveland officials Wednesday night. He is activating 300 members of the Ohio National Guard to help the Cleveland Division of Police during the presidential debate on Sept. 29.
He also announced, with the Ohio Department of Aging, indoor visitation at nursing homes and assisted living facilities can begin on Oct. 12.
The Ohio Department of Health said there have been 147,744 confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19 and 4,715 deaths since the pandemic began. It is presumed that 127,239 people have recovered.
In the last 24 hours, 991 cases, 28 fatalities, 74 hospitalizations and 10 intensive care unit admissions were reported to the state health department.
Ohio counties with the most coronavirus cases:
- Franklin: 26,545
- Cuyahoga: 17,327
- Hamilton: 12,953
- Montgomery: 7,667
- Lucas: 7,230
Ohio counties with the most coronavirus deaths:
- Cuyahoga: 656
- Franklin: 606
- Lucas: 364
- Hamilton: 315
- Mahoning: 281
Earlier on Thursday, the governor’s office released the latest coronavirus travel advisory. People traveling to South Dakota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Idaho and Kansas are asked to self-quarantine for 14 days when they return. These states have positivity rates above 15 percent.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- 14-year-old boy with Asperger syndrome beaten to death
- Watch Live: Orange and Brown digital show assesses Cleveland’s victory over the Bengals, OBJ’s injury
- Ohio surpasses 200,000 coronavirus cases, as 2,116 new cases reported Monday
- ‘This guy is winning’: Tracy McCool offers update as husband’s cancer battle marks two years
- Scientists say ‘strange lights’ over Hawaii were likely a rocket from nearly 12 years ago