DeWine announced a state order permitting contact sports to be played this fall.
The Ohio Department of Health said there have been 109,923 total confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19, resulting in the deaths of 3,871 Ohioans. It’s presumed that 89,068 people have recovered.
In the last 24 hours, 861 cases, 39 deaths, 117 hospitalizations and 19 intensive care unit admissions were reported to the state health department.
The governor shared a list of the top 10 Ohio counties with the highest occurrence of the virus. They were mostly rural counties.
Ohio counties with the most coronavirus cases:
- Franklin: 19,818
- Cuyahoga: 14,487
- Hamilton: 10,259
- Lucas: 5,783
- Montgomery: 4,741
Ohio counties with the most coronavirus deaths:
- Franklin: 542
- Cuyahoga: 541
- Lucas: 331
- Hamilton: 269
- Mahoning: 261
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Ohio to start vaccinating children 12 to 15 years old on Thursday
- Ohio vaccine lottery: Free 4-year college tuition for kids, $1 million for adults
- GOP leaders won’t budge on infrastructure deal following Biden meeting
- ‘It’s time to end the health orders’: Ohio to lift mask mandate on June 2
- 2-year-old shoots both parents after finding gun in home