DeWine announced a state order permitting contact sports to be played this fall.
The Ohio Department of Health said there have been 109,923 total confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19, resulting in the deaths of 3,871 Ohioans. It’s presumed that 89,068 people have recovered.
In the last 24 hours, 861 cases, 39 deaths, 117 hospitalizations and 19 intensive care unit admissions were reported to the state health department.
The governor shared a list of the top 10 Ohio counties with the highest occurrence of the virus. They were mostly rural counties.
Ohio counties with the most coronavirus cases:
- Franklin: 19,818
- Cuyahoga: 14,487
- Hamilton: 10,259
- Lucas: 5,783
- Montgomery: 4,741
Ohio counties with the most coronavirus deaths:
- Franklin: 542
- Cuyahoga: 541
- Lucas: 331
- Hamilton: 269
- Mahoning: 261
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Patient hospitalized for COVID-19 plays violin to thank caregivers while intubated
- Cleveland Browns place DE Porter Gustin on Reserve/COVID-19 list
- Jeopardy! shares Thanksgiving video message from late host Alex Trebek
- COVID-19 remains biggest opponent for Big Ten football teams
- Daily coronavirus numbers for Ohio will not be released on Thanksgiving