*See Gov. DeWine’s latest press conference on coronavirus above.*
COLUMBUS, Ohio (WJW) — The Ohio Department of Health announced that 17,065 new cases of coronavirus have been reported in the last two days.
According to the state’s latest numbers, there have been 399,808 cases documented since the pandemic began and 6,346 deaths. 242,146 are presumed to have recovered.
Here are the counties with the most cases:
- Franklin – 51,161
- Cuyahoga – 37,222
- Hamilton – 30,493
- Montgomery – 20,518
- Butler – 15,199
Governor DeWine has been vocal about the need for residents to remain vigilant and avoid large gatherings, especially during the holidays.
Ohio’s 10 p.m. curfew remains in effect. You can read more about that here.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Watch Live: Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine gives update on coronavirus vaccine rollout
- Republicans reintroduce amendment to impose term limits on members of Congress
- Westlake police warn of recent residential burglaries, asking for public’s help
- Senate confirms Antony Blinken as 71st secretary of state
- Miley Cyrus to play Super Bowl concert for vaccinated frontline workers