*Watch Gov. DeWine discuss coronavirus concerns live on FOX 8 above.*
There have been 215,697 total confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19 and 5,301 deaths in the state since the beginning of the pandemic. It is presumed that 168,884 people have recovered.
In the last 24 hours, ODH says 2,915 cases have been reported, along with 10 deaths, 163 hospitalizations and 18 ICU admissions.
Governor DeWine has continued to express concern about the rising number of cases and urges residents to be vigilant. He said it’s important to wear masks and practice social distancing.
“About three and a half weeks ago, this thing turned on us. Many doctors, medical professionals, health experts predicted that when it started getting colder, we got into winter, late fall, people moving back inside, spending more time inside, that this virus would kick up. Frankly, we had no idea it was going to kick up this much,” Gov. DeWine told FOX 8 News on Thursday.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Warm, muggy weekend continues with chance of Sunday showers
- Indians rally in 9th, top Mariners on throwing error in 10th
- VIDEO: Man proposes to girlfriend among prehistoric creatures at ‘Dino Stroll’ event
- Payment dates released for advanced child tax credit
- Police search for woman allegedly involved in attempted theft at Walmart in Madison Township