Ohio’s 7-day average of new cases is 1,475 per day, according to Gov. Mike DeWine’s office.
That’s jumped from about 1,000 two weeks ago.
New York adds states to its travel advisory list based on a positivity rate of 10% or cases that exceed 10 per 100,000 residents.
Ohio is one of forty states on New York’s travel advisory list.
The Ohio Department of Health will update the state’s positivity rate and travel advisories Wednesday afternoon.
Gov. DeWine said the positivity rate for the last 24-hours was over 4% at his press conference Tuesday.
Last week ODH said the state’s positivity rate was 3%.
New York’s positivity rate is 1% and is implementing new restrictions on areas that have seen an uptick in cases.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Harry, William seen chatting together after royal funeral
- Ohio shooting sends 4-year-old girl, woman to hospital
- Two Northeast Ohio bars cited for coronavirus health order violations
- This state will offer COVID vaccines in airports
- Ohio coronavirus numbers: 1,987 new cases, 83 hospitalizations reported