CLEVELAND (WJW)– The Cleveland Foundation Skating Rink in Public Square will not operate this holiday season because of the ongoing increase in COVID-19 cases.
Public Square announced the decision on Wednesday.
Families are still invited to come downtown to see the Winterfest light display while maintaining social distance and following the new, stated-mandated 10 p.m. curfew, the news release said.
On Wednesday, Cuyahoga County and Cleveland officials announced a stay-at-home health advisory. Residents are asked to only leave their homes for work, school and essential items, like groceries, and medical treatment.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- What to expect at an inauguration unlike any other
- Women to wear pearls, Converse on Inauguration Day in Harris’ honor
- US agency orders Ford to recall 3 million vehicles over air bags
- Cleveland establishes call center for coronavirus vaccine questions
- ‘Will be back in some form’: President Donald Trump, First Lady Melania depart D.C. ahead of inauguration