MEDINA COUNTY, Ohio (WJW) — The Medina County Agricultural Society Board of Directors made the tough decision last night to put a hold on the full-scale Medina County Fair that was scheduled for Aug. 3-9, due to coronavirus concerns.
The 2020 Medina County Jr. Fair, however, will still go on as planned Aug. 3-9, but is closed to the public.
This means that all grandstand events, along with other exhibits are canceled.
“To those who have already purchased your grandstand and/or admission tickets or paid your entry fees, please be patient as we work through these cancellations,” Chuck Stiver, Medina County Fair President, said in a statement. “We truly appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding in these changing and unsettling times.”
Expect more updates to come.
Read the full statement below:
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Troopers investigating Ohio crash that killed 14-year-old
- Teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant
- Dr. Dre now back home after reported brain aneurysm treatment
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration
- Medina County Sheriff’s Office searching for missing 17-year-old girl