CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — South Dakota, West Virginia and North Dakota top the list of states with the highest percentage of their population who have been given the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. All three states have more than 5% given the vaccine, as of Monday, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
At the opposite end are Arkansas and Georgia at 1.4% and South Carolina at 1.5% of the population vaccinated.
NewsNation spoke with West Virginia’s governor about how his state has handled the vaccine distribution. Watch the discussion in the player below.
Read the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- ‘You can get trapped’: Police warn about playing in the snow after winter storm
- National Popcorn Day: These cinemas are celebrating with free popcorn
- ‘I had nothing to do with the officer being killed’: Man charged in connection to Cleveland officer’s murder tells court
- Free to go, but still held in Cuyahoga Co Jail: I-Team
- 2 found dead, 2 in critical condition at nursing home after staff couldn’t be reached