CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — South Dakota, West Virginia and North Dakota top the list of states with the highest percentage of their population who have been given the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. All three states have more than 5% given the vaccine, as of Monday, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
At the opposite end are Arkansas and Georgia at 1.4% and South Carolina at 1.5% of the population vaccinated.
NewsNation spoke with West Virginia’s governor about how his state has handled the vaccine distribution. Watch the discussion in the player below.
Read the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Woman who threw Chipotle order at worker can work off jail time at fast food restaurant
- Video of Bruce Willis grasping daughter’s hand draws mixed reactions
- Coroner releases cause of death for ‘CSI: Miami’ actor Evan Ellingson
- Ohio Supreme Court dismisses 3 long-running redistricting lawsuits against state legislative maps
- McConnell dismisses calls to put conditions on US aid to Israel