CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — South Dakota, West Virginia and North Dakota top the list of states with the highest percentage of their population who have been given the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. All three states have more than 5% given the vaccine, as of Monday, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
At the opposite end are Arkansas and Georgia at 1.4% and South Carolina at 1.5% of the population vaccinated.
NewsNation spoke with West Virginia’s governor about how his state has handled the vaccine distribution. Watch the discussion in the player below.
Read the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- LIVE: Biden to elevate role of science with cabinet picks
- Photo gallery: A look back at President Trump’s time in the White House
- 7 hurt after NYC bus plunges off bridge, officials say driver suspended
- Officer-involved shooting reported in Kent, police investigating
- Police: Cleveland EMS workers robbed at gunpoint, two juveniles arrested