The school published an update Wednesday confirming the positive test.
They say they were contacted by the Ashland County Health Department.
The district says the response is being managed by the health department.
Ashland County has 206 cases, according to the most recent data from the Ohio Department of Health.
Four people there have died, ODH data shows.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- A mission to preserve Mexican Folkloric Dance
- Puede Network brings Ivy League drive and leadership to underserved community
- Victory Monday: Breaking down Cleveland’s win in the Orange and Brown show
- Ohio coronavirus numbers: 993 new cases, 5 additional fatalities reported
- Sam’s Club launches 12 Days of Wine Advent Calendar