CLEVELAND (WJW)– There were long lines for the Greater Cleveland Food Bank distribution Thursday afternoon.
It ran from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the Municipal Parking Lot on South Marginal Road in Cleveland.
The Greater Cleveland Food Bank said it expects this to be its largest distribution of the year as Thanksgiving approaches. At the most-recent event, the food bank helped more than 2,800 families.
The number of people in the country seeking unemployment benefits rose last to 742,000. It’s the first increase in five weeks as coronavirus cases continue to spike.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Summa Health to suspend some elective procedures, as coronavirus cases surge
- Cleveland reports 444 new coronavirus cases for last two days
- Sunshine will continue in Northeast Ohio, as holiday weekend comes to a close
- RTA holiday-themed trains hit the tracks
- Small businesses receive needed support on Small Business Saturday