WASHINGTON, D.C. (WJW) — President Trump and the White House Coronavirus Task Force held a press conference at 5:30 p.m. on Sunday.
The task force has been providing daily updates to discuss the latest measures being taken in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
There are now more than 25,700 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the United States. At least 323 people have died from the virus, including 3 in Ohio.
The confirmed fatalities were from residents in Cuyahoga, Erie and Lucas counties.
According to the Ohio Department of Health, the state now has 351 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 83 hospitalizations.
THE LATEST UPDATES FROM THE PRESS CONFERENCE:
- Trump is now at the podium. He says they are working to remove some people from Peru and Honduras. He also mentioned a woman who was being horribly treated in another country, but did not specify the location.
- He said he is working on legislation with congress to help provide some relief during the coronavirus pandemic.
- He believes the economy with skyrocket once this is over.
- FEMA funding costs for National Guard to provide assistance to NY, Washington and California.
- He said this will help free up state resources to help residents in those states.
- He has approved plans to put large federal medical stations in those states as well.
- Trump said COVID-19 is impacting 144 countries.
- He said he is very proud of the United State’s response.
- FEMA official is now at the podium discussing the outbreak in New York.
- He said the National Guard assistance in NY, Washington and California are NOT MARTIAL LAW.
- Vice President Pence now addressing reporters.
- He said they will continue to make sure all the states have what they need.
- He said more testing is becoming available.
- 254,000 people have been tested in the United States.
- FDA approved test that can provide results in just 45 minutes.
- Trump is back up on the podium.
- He is discussing the new test just approved by the FDA. Said this one would be a “game changer.”