CLEVELAND (WJW)– The state of Ohio’s 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. curfew, aimed to slow the spread of coronavirus, has been extended until Jan. 23.
The curfew does not apply to those going to or from work, those who have an emergency, or those who need medical care. The curfew is not intended to stop anyone from getting groceries or going to a pharmacy. Picking up carry-out or ordering for delivery is permitted, but serving food and drink in person must stop at 10 p.m.
“We’re not shutting down, we’re slowing down,” Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine said. “The curfew is aimed at helping to reduce the number of person-to-person contacts because the only way virus lives is when it goes from one person to another. We have to flatten this curve again and get this under control.”
In addition, Ashtabula, Cuyahoga, Lake, Medina, Portage, Summit and Wayne counties have issued stay-at-home health advisories. Residents are asked to only leave their homes for work, school or essential needs.
- Akron Art Museum: Temporarily closed
- Akron Lock 3 skating rink: Not operating this season.
- Beachland Ballroom: The music venue is hitting pause on all live events for the time being.
- Cleveland Museum of Art: Closing Nov. 19 until Cuyahoga County health advisory expires.
- Cleveland Museum of Natural History: Temporarily reducing hours to Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays through Dec. 31
- Collision Bend Brewing Company: Closed until spring.
- Cleveland Public Library: Starting Saturday, November 21, all library buildings will close to the public. Curbside and walk-up services will still be available.
- Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court: Jury trials suspended until Dec. 1.
- Cuyahoga County Health and Human Services: Limited lobby access. No walk-in applications for benefits.
- Cuyahoga County Public Library: Moving to curbside or drive-thru service, effective Nov. 19.
- Erie Metroparks: Facility reservations, in-person programming and indoor facilities, except restrooms, suspended through Jan. 31.
- Fairport Harbor Public Library: Open for curbside and home delivery
- Jack Casino: New hours are 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Lorain City Hall: Closed to the public starting Nov. 23.
- Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage: Closed. Reopening date will be based on health guidelines.
- Market Garden Brewery, Nano Brew, Bar Cento and Speakeasy: Temporarily closed. Market Garden remains open for in-store and curbside pickup.
- MGM Northfield Park: Hours changed to 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Music Box Supper Club: All shows postponed through December
- New London Public Library: Closed until January 2, 2021
- The Ohio State University: Moving to remote learning at 6 p.m., Nov. 20
- Painesville City facilities: Closing to the public starting Nov. 21.
- Public Square skating rink: Not operating this season.
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: Temporarily closing to the public starting Nov. 23.
- Summit County Fiscal Offices: Temporarily closed to the public
- Village of Fairport Harbor: Closing public access to Village Hall until further notice.
- Wellington: Village Town Hall, Utility facilities, council meetings closed to general public
- Willoughby City Hall: Closed to the public indefinitely starting Nov. 26
- Akron Welcome Santa parade: Canceled.
- Chardon Square Christmas tree light: Dec. 3 event canceled.
- Cleveland Orchestra: Christmas concerts, scheduled Dec. 10 to Dec. 23, canceled.
- Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad Polar Express: Rides canceled.
- Denison Railroad Depot Museum: Polar Express rides canceled
- Grog Shop and B Side Lounge: Events postponed
- Mayfield Heights: Holiday lighting ceremony canceled
- Streetsboro: Shop with a Cop canceled
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- 5 takeaways on McCarthy’s exit from Congress
- Donovan Mitchell scores 27, Cavaliers top Heat 111-99
- Billionaire GOP donor endorses Haley, says Trump’s time has ‘come and gone’
- 3 seriously hurt after driver plows into Christmas parade crowd in California
- Bodycam video released from police chase, deadly I-90 crash