Editor’s Note: The video above is about CCBH’s recommendation for schools in the fall.
LAKEWOOD, Ohio (WJW) – The 2020 Lakewood Community Fest has been canceled for September.
The Lakewood Community Festival Board made the announcement on Facebook.
The 33rd annual event was scheduled for September.
The board canceled the event due to safety concerns from coronavirus.
“…to go forward would put families, community groups, vendors, and volunteers at risk for exposure to the virus,” the board wrote in a statement.
“Given the current public safety guidelines, the Community Festival must be canceled,” they wrote.
They have not set a date for next year at this time.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Brown bear breaks into the Alaska Zoo, kills popular alpaca
- Ohio elections leaders still looking for more than 20-thousand poll workers
- Car crashes into house in Trumbull County, killing sleeping man
- Protesters leave casket full of dirt, cow manure at North Carolina police station
- Free coronavirus testing Saturday in several Northeast Ohio counties