Editor’s note: Kent State University issued a correction to its on Friday. After spring break, classes will continue remotely through the last day of instruction on May 4 and through final examinations, May 6 to 12. On May 4, there will be no classes between 12 p.m. to 2 p.m., a university tradition to remember May 4, 1970. The previous communication incorrectly stated classes would continue remotely through May 3. Also, registration for spring semester will begin on Oct. 26 for graduate students and Oct. 27 for undergraduate students.
KENT, Ohio (WJW)– Kent State University is moving its spring break from March 29 through April 4 to April 12 through April 18 for the spring 2021 semester.
After the break, classes will continue remotely for 11 days and final exams, which run May 6 to May 12. Details about residence halls and dining plans for spring will be released at another time.
“This change is being made in an effort to reduce transmission of COVID-19 because of excessive spring travel,” the university said in a letter to staff and students on Thursday.
The spring semester course schedule will be available on Oct. 5 and will include a mix of remote and in-person instruction. Registration begins Oct. 21.
Kent State also reminded students on and off campus to wear face coverings at all times and limit in-person contact with others.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- ‘Voting is the key to change’: Browns urge others to vote ahead of Election Day
- Family says hero brother saved 9-year-old after man grabbed, tried to ‘drag’ boy out of corn maze
- 56 left with coronavirus, 300 in quarantine after wedding, birthday party ‘superspreader events’ in NY
- Big Game Bound Week 8: Key AFC, NFC matchups
- Showers continue with remnants of Zeta