COLUMBUS (WJW) — Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine canceled a scheduled press conference today, but has since announced a planned address for Wednesday.
DeWine’s press secretary Dan Tierney told FOX 8 people can expect to hear the governor speak about the current state of the coronavirus pandemic.
“Gov. DeWine is going to have a conversation with the citizens of Ohio on where we are in this pandemic and where Ohio could be headed,” Tierney said.
The address begins at 5:30 p.m. and can be viewed directly on FOX 8’s website.
Since the start of July, coronavirus cases have continued to spike in the state (as DeWine talks about in the video above).
Today, the Ohio Department of Health reported that there were 67,995 total confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19 in the state, which is an addition of 1,142 reported cases, along with a total of 3,069 reported deaths (up five from yesterday).
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Tropical Storm Isaias: What to expect from the storm as it approaches the coast on Monday
- Crowds at the Florabama and Orange Beach watch waters for SpaceX Splashdown
- Exotic tick that can be fatal to livestock found in Ohio
- ‘Kidnapped’ fox with Instagram account euthanized after being kept in captivity for 2 years
- Detectives look for Dodge Ram Pickup in connection with shooting that killed baby in Akron