COLUMBUS, Ohio (WJW)– The Ohio Department of Health released a new map measuring the risk of coronavirus on Thursday.
The Ohio Public Health Advisory System assesses seven indicators and assigns a color to each of the state’s 88 counties with yellow being the least severe and purple being the worst.
Medina, Portage, Richland, Stark and Summit counties remained in the purple level. Ashland County was added to the watch list, at risk of moving from red to purple.
All Ohio counties meet the CDC guidelines for high incidence of the virus.
The Ohio Public Health Advisory Alert System examines the following factors: new cases per capita, sustained increase in new cases, proportion of cases that are not in congregate settings, sustained increase in COVID-19-related emergency room visits, sustained increase in COVID-19 outpatient visits including telehealth, sustained increase in COVID-19 hospital admissions and intensive care unit occupancy.
- Level 1 (Yellow): Active exposure and spread.
- Conduct a daily health/symptom self-evaluation and stay at home if symptomatic.
- Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet from non-household members.
- Wear face coverings in public especially when social distancing is difficult to maintain.
- Increase caution when interacting with others not practicing social distancing or wearing face covers.
- Avoid traveling to high-risk areas.
- Follow good hygiene standards.
- Level 2 (Orange): Increased exposure and spread. Exercise high degree of caution.
- Same guidelines as in Level 1.
- Avoid contact with anyone who is considered high-risk.
- High-risk individuals should take extra care to follow precautions.
- Decrease in-person interactions outside household.
- Seek medical care as needed, but limit or avoid unnecessary visits to hospitals, nursing homes and residential care facilities to see others as much as possible.
- Level 3 (Red): Very high exposure and spread. Limit activities as much as possible.
- Same guidelines as in Levels 1 and 2.
- Decrease in-person interactions with others.
- Consider necessary travel only.
- Limit attending gatherings of any number.
- Level 4 (Purple): Severe exposure and spread. Only leave home for supplies and services.
- Same guidelines as in Level 1 to 3.
- Stay at home/necessary travel only.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com: