Melt closed the location on Wednesday and Thursday for cleaning, and has been in contact with Summit County health officials. The restaurant said all staff in direct contact with the employee was asked to self-quarantine.
“We take the safety of our staff and guests very seriously and promise to always put health and safety first, follow and exceed all CDC guidelines, and be upfront and honest with the communities we serve,” Melt said on its Facebook page.
The Akron location will reopen on Friday for takeout and delivery only. Dining room service will resume when enough staff members are available.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Cleveland police: Shooting victim pushed out of van onto hospital sidewalk
- 12 RTA employees test positive for coronavirus this week
- Hyundai, Kia fined for delaying US engine failure recalls
- Is your Amazon Black Friday purchase a good deal? This tool will tell you if the price has been lower
- Ohio electoral votes certified for President Trump