The university said 53 students are residents of the third floor and 57 are residents of the fourth floor of Fletcher Hall. They will remain in a separate section of the residence hall and meals will be provided during the quarantine. Only students who live in Fletcher Hall will be permitted to enter.
“The university will work with the students and their instructors to ensure a seamless transition to remote learning for any face-to-face courses,” Kent State said on Thursday.
It’s the latest round of quarantines for the university. On Tuesday, the health department notified 42 students of Koonce Hall and 15 students of Centennial Court E they needed to quarantine.
Kent State recently partnered with CVS to provide free, rapid coronavirus testing to hundreds of students, staff and faculty. The participants will be randomly selected.
Anyone Kent State student who believes they are a close contact or who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 should contact the COVID Response Team at 330-672-2525.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Summa Health to suspend some elective procedures, as coronavirus cases surge
- Cleveland reports 444 new coronavirus cases for last two days
- Sunshine will continue in Northeast Ohio, as holiday weekend comes to a close
- RTA holiday-themed trains hit the tracks
- Small businesses receive needed support on Small Business Saturday