This is the second day in a row the city has seen case numbers into the triple digits in one day of reporting. On Wednesday, the city also reported 100 new cases among residents.
This brings the total, as of Thursday evening, to 2,946 confirmed cases in the city of Cleveland and 77 fatalities.
The new confirmed cases include males and females whose ages range from under 5 years old to their 80s.
The city health department is working to identify their close contacts who would require testing or monitoring for COVID-19 symptoms.
As of Thursday there were 61,331 total confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19 in the state of Ohio.
Cuyahoga, along with Butler and Hamilton counties, is on the state’s watch list, meaning it is close to reaching a Level 4 Public Emergency.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES ON FOX8.COM:
- Joe Flacco announced as starting QB for rest of season following big home win
- TLC star Anna ‘Chickadee’ Cardwell, sister of Honey Boo Boo, dies at 29
- Mama June says daughter Anna ‘Chickadee’ Cardwell has died at 29
- Trump reverses on testifying in New York fraud trial, says he won’t take the stand
- Bring a Trailer and Cars and Bids: How online auction sites work