CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW) – Family and friends said final goodbyes to Cleveland Fire Lt. Rich Petras Tuesday at a funeral mass.
Petras and his wife Jill were married for 27 years. They had twin daughters, Ashley and Amber.
Jill said she doesn’t know how her husband got COVID-19.
She said she and one of her daughters also tested positive.
She has said she is very grateful for the love and support the family has received during this very difficult time.
Union President Francis Lally said the firefighter community is mourning.
“In the face of this pandemic, Rich never neglected his duty and never backed down. He knew the risks, and he continued to serve – a true hero,” Lally said.
“Rich, you will be missed. Rest easy Brother, we will take it from here.”
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- ‘Anger and disbelief’: Classic cars stolen from Rocky River parking garage
- Will there be changes to Ohio’s new marijuana law? Lawmakers divided
- McCormick responds to reports of spat with Greene
- Parents of young Chiefs fan wearing headdress threaten to sue Deadspin
- Social Security, Medicare: Where GOP candidates stand on retirement benefits