Editor’s Note: The video above is our report on the outbreak at Put-in-Bay from June 30.
PUT-IN-BAY, Ohio (WJW) Put-in-Bay Chamber of Commerce and the Safe Island Task Force are asking people to wear masks.
While not required, this comes after a recent coronavirus outbreak is tied to the island.
At least seven cases are tied to restaurants and bars.
The cases are linked to the Commodore Hotel, The Mist and Mr. Ed’s, between June 17 and June 21, according to a news release from the Toledo-Lucas County Health Department and Ottawa County Health Department.
The cases are between the ages of 20 and 30.
“…the safety of our guests, residents, and employees is always our top priority. Our island businesses and community continue to take precautions to ensure everyone who visits has a safe and fun time. We encourage everyone to continue practicing social distancing, to wear a mask, and to follow safety protocols and procedures recommended by the state of Ohio.”
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- ‘Little has changed’: Man whose father died in his arms during Dayton shooting still fighting for change one year later
- Drive-Ins RT: BK Rootbeer Drive In
- Drive-Ins RT: African Safari Wildlife Park
- Drive-Ins RT: Aut-O-Rama Drive-In
- August 3, 2020 Road Trip: Drive-Ins