(Watch our story on the added costs for schools during the coronavirus pandemic in the video player above)
Michael Roberto, assistant superintendent for Aurora City Schools, said they have notified the Portage County Health Department, which will trace and contact team members for the next steps.
Positive cases result in a minimum 14-day quarantine, even if the individual is asymptomatic.
Football team activities have been suspended under the health department’s guidance. July 29 would be the earliest day for practice to resume.
“Everyone involved with athletics at the Aurora City Schools wants to see sports return, but we understand that safety is of the utmost importance,” the district said.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Chagrin Falls Pumpkin Roll rolls on Tuesday night
- Blustery overnight then drying out
- ‘Traffic last week was insane’: Olmsted Falls supports raising fines when trains block streets
- Celebrate induction week with rock n’ roll exhibits, live concerts in Cleveland
- Yes, Alexa is recording you. Here’s how to delete recordings from your Amazon Echo