(Watch our story on the added costs for schools during the coronavirus pandemic in the video player above)
Michael Roberto, assistant superintendent for Aurora City Schools, said they have notified the Portage County Health Department, which will trace and contact team members for the next steps.
Positive cases result in a minimum 14-day quarantine, even if the individual is asymptomatic.
Football team activities have been suspended under the health department’s guidance. July 29 would be the earliest day for practice to resume.
“Everyone involved with athletics at the Aurora City Schools wants to see sports return, but we understand that safety is of the utmost importance,” the district said.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Coronavirus-themed Halloween display bringing joy to Cleveland community
- Akron police search for hit-skip driver who struck, killed 64-year-old pedestrian
- Spotty showers continue overnight as cold front sweeps through
- Local family-owned costume shop struggling amid coronavirus pandemic
- Officials track down first-ever ‘murder hornet’ nest in Washington