**Watch the video above for our previous report on the safety measures the RTA has taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19.**
According to the RTA, the employee, a maintenance supervisor at the Triskett District, tested positive on Wednesday.
This individual first reported symptoms last Saturday. The employee’s last day of work was Friday, August 21.
Staff members who were in contact with the employee were notified.
This is the 33rd RTA employee to test positive for coronavirus since the outbreak began in March.
RTA says 30 of its employees who have tested positive have fully recovered and returned to work.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Local healthcare workers keep busy on Thanksgiving as COVID-19 cases continue to rise
- Schools struggle to stay open as quarantines sideline staff
- I-TEAM: COVID-19 survivors share stories of hope as they celebrate Thanksgiving
- Have Thanksgiving leftovers? USDA offers tips on how to safely store them for later
- 10-year-old boy sets up hot cocoa stand to help raise money for non-profit