EASTLAKE, Ohio (WJW) – All students at Eastlake Middle School have been asked to quarantine, following a second positive coronavirus test at the school.
Initially, only the 8th graders were asked to quarantine after a student tested positive for COVID-19.
Following that case, another student tested positive, prompting the district to close the school.
All students have been asked to quarantine through October 16.
The current plans are for the school to reopen Monday the 19th.
Of course, any students with symptoms at that time the school reopens are asked to stay home.
In a letter to parents, the district says they immediately consulted with the Lake County General Health District about the incident and a public health investigation is underway.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Former football coach Lou Holtz receives Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Carjackings increase in major cities across the US in 2020
- 18-year-old shot in face with young child in car, Akron police say
- WV police officer dies 2 days after being shot while responding to parking complaint
- Eastlake police asking for public’s help locating 28-year-old woman reported missing