MAYFIELD HEIGHTS, Ohio (WJW) – 96 students at Mayfield Middle School and 11 staff members are in quarantine after coming into contact with a student who tested positive for coronavirus.
That information comes from the Mayfield City School District coronavirus dashboard.
The District says it is working closely with the Cuyahoga County Board of Health.
In a letter to parents, students, and staff, the District reports they were alerted a 7th grader tested positive Tuesday.
Students involved in the quarantine have moved to remote learning.
Students in quarantine can return to school if they are symptom-free on Wednesday, October 21.
There is one positive coronavirus case at Mayfield High School.
There are 148 students in quarantine due to that case.
5 staff members are affected.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Man indicted for dragging Cleveland officer with stolen car: I-Team
- Man accused of shooting Taco Bell worker over his change: North Carolina police
- RECALL: Air fryers sold on Amazon may catch fire
- Ohio State University professor wins Nobel Prize in physics
- Rep. Bowman being investigated after pulling fire alarm