WILLOWICK, Ohio (WJW) – The Willoughby-Eastlake school district reports all 8th graders at Willowick Middle School will be quarantined after a student tested positive for coronavirus.
The Willowick students will be quarantined through October 16.
The district says because of the number of students who would have been impacted and the staffing shortages caused by the positive coronavirus test, they decided to keep all the 8th graders remote.
Students can return Monday, October 19, if they are symptom-free.
This follows the district’s decision to close Eastlake Middle School following two positive tests there.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Summa Health to suspend some elective procedures, as coronavirus cases surge
- Cleveland reports 444 new coronavirus cases for last two days
- Sunshine will continue in Northeast Ohio, as holiday weekend comes to a close
- RTA holiday-themed trains hit the tracks
- Small businesses receive needed support on Small Business Saturday