PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — Public health authorities say the death toll from a coronavirus outbreak linked to a Maine wedding reception has grown to seven.
***Watch the video above for more on the twindemic health experts are warning about***
The Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention said Tuesday the August wedding reception at the Big Moose Inn in Millinocket is linked to more than 175 confirmed cases of the virus.
The agency says the outbreak continues to sicken people around the state and is linked to other cases at a county jail and a rehabilitation center.
The outbreaks stemming from the event have spanned hundreds of miles in a state that had largely controlled the spread of coronavirus through the summer.
The church where the wedding was held said it is taking precautions to limit the spread of the virus.
Read more headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Another Victory Monday: Breaking down Cleveland’s win in the Orange and Brown show
- Ohio coronavirus numbers: 993 new cases, 5 additional fatalities reported
- Sam’s Club launches 12 Days of Wine Advent Calendar
- President Trump to announce shipment of millions of coronavirus tests to states
- New details: Joe Montana calls attempted kidnapping of infant grandchild scary