Two firefighters have tested positive for coronavirus and 11 others are currently in quarantine for COVID 19-related concerns.
The Fire Chief tells FOX 8 News, “It is not known where they got it exactly. Whether it was patients we were transporting here or whether it was community involvement but it was before they got to Michigan.”
The City of Mansfield Safety Service Director told FOX 8 the city employs 91 firefighters. The Department outfits its firefighters and medics with masks, gowns, and face coverings.
Starting Wednesday, new inhouse rules require a mask at all times except when sleeping at the station. There will also be frequent symptom checks, temperatures, and cleaning surfaces at the station.
Read more headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Glenville football team makes history as HS state championships wrap
- ‘Bad idea, Brad’: Man shoplifts at Walmart while Shop With a Cop event taking place
- 8 adults, 2 kids make it out of University Heights fire
- ‘How about me?’ Man’s Facebook comment puts him behind bars
- Ohio man shot while at nightclubs didn’t notice until he got a ride home