Two firefighters have tested positive for coronavirus and 11 others are currently in quarantine for COVID 19-related concerns.
The Fire Chief tells FOX 8 News, “It is not known where they got it exactly. Whether it was patients we were transporting here or whether it was community involvement but it was before they got to Michigan.”
The City of Mansfield Safety Service Director told FOX 8 the city employs 91 firefighters. The Department outfits its firefighters and medics with masks, gowns, and face coverings.
Starting Wednesday, new inhouse rules require a mask at all times except when sleeping at the station. There will also be frequent symptom checks, temperatures, and cleaning surfaces at the station.
Read more headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Former football coach Lou Holtz receives Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Carjackings increase in major cities across the US in 2020
- 18-year-old shot in face with young child in car, Akron police say
- WV police officer dies 2 days after being shot while responding to parking complaint
- Eastlake police asking for public’s help locating 28-year-old woman reported missing