(WJW) – Ohioans filed 18,988 initial jobless claims last week.
Nationwide, that number was 1,006,000.
The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services says 344,409 people in the state filed continued claims, which is less than half (44.3%) that the peak in March.
More than 14.5 million are collecting traditional jobless benefits, according to the U.S. Labor Department.
A year ago that number was 1.7 million.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- 100-year-old nun known for praying for all at St. Vincent Charity Medical Center contracts COVID-19
- Ohio coronavirus numbers: 10,835 new cases, 156 new deaths reported
- Beachwood Place puts new security measure in place to detect weapons
- Judge orders attorneys, adviser to explain bailout bill work
- 3-year-old Cleveland boy shot in hand by stray bullet