CLEVELAND (WJW) — Colossal Cupcakes is getting ready to reopen its downtown location after it was heavily damaged during the May riots.
The owner, Kelly Kandah, announced on Twitter they will welcome customers again on March 16, which also happens to be their nine year anniversary.
Kandah had planned to reopen much sooner but had to delay due to the amount of repairs.
“As we started the rebuilding process and damages were fully assessed, we found that the cosmetic and visible destruction had far exceeded what we had originally anticipated,” she said back in September.
She told FOX 8 on Friday that grant funds from the City of Cleveland have been a huge help.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Here are the winning Mega Millions numbers for the $1 billion jackpot
- Sexton scores 25, Cavaliers beat Durant-less Nets 125-113
- Ohio funeral homes at breaking point, workers want COVID-19 vaccine
- Saturday bringing colder air, brighter skies to Northeast Ohio
- Ohio family grateful for pardon from President Trump