Kaepernick’s production company, RA Vision Media, said the deal involves multiple projects, including a documentary series on the last five years of the former NFL quarterback’s life.
The series for Disney would cover Kaepernick’s final season with the San Francisco 49ers.
Another project includes both scripted and unscripted stories exploring race, social injustice and the search for equity, according to ESPN.
In a statement, Kaepernick said he was looking forward to the partnership.
“I am excited to announce this historic partnership with Disney across all of its platforms to elevate Black and Brown directors, creators, storytellers, and producers, and to inspire the youth with compelling and authentic perspectives,” Kaepernick said in a statement. “I look forward to sharing the docuseries on my life story, in addition to many other culturally impactful projects we are developing.”
Kaepernick, who will appear as himself, will also executive produce and narrate the series. An actor will be cast to play young Kaepernick.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- ‘Little has changed’: Man whose father died in his arms during Dayton shooting still fighting for change one year later
- Drive-Ins RT: BK Rootbeer Drive In
- Drive-Ins RT: African Safari Wildlife Park
- Drive-Ins RT: Aut-O-Rama Drive-In
- August 3, 2020 Road Trip: Drive-Ins