**For a previous story on Coca-Cola, watch the video below.
ATLANTA, Ga. (BRPROUD) – Say it ain’t so! December 31 marks the end of not only 2020, but a part of soda history.
TaB diet soda is no more when the calendar turns to 2021.
This ends a 57-year-run as Coke’s “first-ever “diet” soft drink.”
Coca-Cola says this about the ‘Pink Pioneer:’
“We’re forever grateful to TaB for paving the way for the diets and lights category, and to the legion of TaB lovers who have embraced the brand for nearly six decades,” said Kerri Kopp, group director, Diet Coke, Coca-Cola North America. “If not for TaB, we wouldn’t have Diet Coke or Coke Zero Sugar. TaB did its job. In order to continue to innovate and give consumers the choices they want today, we have to make decisions like this one as part of our portfolio rationalization work.”
More information about this decision can be found here.
- Middle school student helps community get new street lamp in effort to combat light pollution
- Cleveland police search for missing 81-year-old man with dementia, mental health disorders
- Officials: Ohio woman stabs, injures 3-year-old boy walking to school bus
- ‘She was so little:’ Mom delivers premature ‘miracle’ baby in car during Texas storm
- Kentucky lawmakers push bill banning death penalty for severely mentally ill