CLEVELAND (WJW) — Cleveland police are searching for a 27-year-old man who is wanted for abduction, aggravated burglary, kidnapping and gross sexual imposition.
According to police, Kevin Ballard is wanted for two incidents that occurred in the city’s Tremont neighborhood on Saturday.
Ballard is accused of following a woman as she left a coffee shop, grabbing her and attempting to pull her. Police say the victim threw coffee on Ballard before he fled the scene.
He is also accused of approaching a woman on a porch, pushing her inside her residence and strangling her. She reportedly screamed and pushed him off. Ballard then fled the scene in an unknown vehicle.
Through further investigation, police were able to identify the suspect as Ballard. Anyone with information regarding his whereabouts is asked to call 911.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant
- Dr. Dre now back home after reported brain aneurysm treatment
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration
- Medina County Sheriff’s Office searching for missing 17-year-old girl
- Police: Man arrested at DC checkpoint with unregistered firearm, improper credential