On Oct. 12, police report that a woman was sitting in her car at the 3400 block of Hancock Road when two male suspects approached her vehicle. One of them reportedly held a gun up to her passenger-side window and told her “they just wanted her money.” The suspect with the gun then got inside the woman’s vehicle and told her to follow the man who had gotten in another vehicle.
The victim followed until they reached the Citizens Bank at 4300 Clark Avenue, police said. She was reportedly ordered to take out money and she withdrew $900. The victim was also reportedly hit by one of the suspects after saying that the gun looked plastic.
The suspects were driving a 2011 Lavender Mazda CX7 with the license plate of HTT9445. That car was reported stolen in an aggravated robbery on Oct. 9, when a woman, who was asleep in the car, was forcibly removed and hit in the head by two male suspects, police said. That incident also occurred in Cleveland.
Police continue to search for the suspects involved in these crimes.
People with any information about the incident are asked to contact Detective Norman at 216-623-5073 or make an anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers at 216-252-7463.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Ohio coronavirus numbers: 7,729 additional cases reported, 21 deaths
- I-TEAM: Local agencies involved in murder investigation of woman from Belmont County
- Completed Wisconsin recount confirms Biden’s win over Trump
- Monolith discovered in Utah desert has mysteriously disappeared, officials say
- Fauci: US may see ‘surge upon surge’ of virus in weeks ahead