CLEVELAND (WJW) — Homicide detectives are asking for the public’s help identifying persons of interest in the murder of 54-year-old Bennette Smith.
The Cleveland Division of Police said Smith was dismembered and set on fire near railroad tracks in the area of Clermont Ave. and Larchmont Ave. on Feb. 19.
Firefighters had initially responded to the scene for reports of a brush fire and upon arrival, discovered a burning body.
On Thursday, police issued surveillance photos showing two persons of interest.
No other details about the individuals were provided.
Anyone with information should call investigators at 216-623-5464. Anonymous tips can also be made to Cuyahoga County Crime Stoppers.
Get the latest news updates on FOX8.com below:
- 10 more confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in City of Cleveland, no new deaths
- VIDEO: Ohio man escapes from courthouse during sentencing, later captured by deputies
- Spanish, Baroque-Pueblo architectural influence seen throughout the Southwest
- ‘Your voice matters’: Cavs, Browns and Indians create PSA on importance of registering to vote
- HHS secretary touts Trump’s health care plan while Democrats say there’s nothing in it