CLEVELAND (WJW) — Cleveland police are investigating a shooting that occurred at the corner of West 38th Street and Newark Avenue yesterday.
Officers were called to the scene around 6 p.m. Friday after an off-duty policeman called for backup. The officer reportedly got in between an altercation involving two men. One of the men shot the other in the foot. The officer then shot at the suspected shooter, but did not hit him.
The suspect reportedly ran away from the scene, but was subsequently tracked down by detectives a short time later.
The city’s Use of Deadly Force Investigation Team was called to the scene, as required by protocol. The shooting victim was released after being treated.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Ohio’s coronavirus travel advisory updated to include states with highest positivity rates
- Ohio Liquor Control Commission holds hearing for Put-in-Bay bar cited for COVID-19 violations
- Terry Francona expected to rejoin Cleveland Indians in a few days
- Photos: Wild turtle covered in nail polish and glitter rescued in Stark County
- PHOTOS: Eagle captured soaring over Lake Erie as waterspout forms in the distance