CLEVELAND (WJW) — Cleveland police are investigating a shooting that occurred at the corner of West 38th Street and Newark Avenue yesterday.
Officers were called to the scene around 6 p.m. Friday after an off-duty policeman called for backup. The officer reportedly got in between an altercation involving two men. One of the men shot the other in the foot. The officer then shot at the suspected shooter, but did not hit him.
The suspect reportedly ran away from the scene, but was subsequently tracked down by detectives a short time later.
The city’s Use of Deadly Force Investigation Team was called to the scene, as required by protocol. The shooting victim was released after being treated.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Here are the winning Mega Millions numbers for the $1 billion jackpot
- Sexton scores 25, Cavaliers beat Durant-less Nets 125-113
- Ohio funeral homes at breaking point, workers want COVID-19 vaccine
- Saturday bringing colder air, brighter skies to Northeast Ohio
- Ohio family grateful for pardon from President Trump