CLEVELAND (WJW) — Cleveland police are investigating a shooting that left an eight-year-old girl hurt.
According to the department, it happened near E. 139 St. and Harvard Ave. Saturday night.
The girl was reportedly sitting in the backseat of a traveling vehicle when someone started shooting and struck her in the arm.
Police say the child is conscious and talking. She is in stable condition at the hospital.
No information was released about the suspect.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- Tropical Storm Isaias: What to expect from the storm as it approaches the coast on Monday
- Crowds at the Florabama and Orange Beach watch waters for SpaceX Splashdown
- Exotic tick that can be fatal to livestock found in Ohio
- ‘Kidnapped’ fox with Instagram account euthanized after being kept in captivity for 2 years
- Detectives look for Dodge Ram Pickup in connection with shooting that killed baby in Akron