CLEVELAND (WJW) — Cleveland police are investigating after a 13-year-old boy allegedly shot and killed his mother’s fiance.
According to the department, officers responded to the 3500 block of W. 48th St. on Wednesday for reports of a male shot.
When they got on scene, they found the victim and rendered first aid until EMS arrived. He was then taken to the hospital where he died from his injuries.
Police said preliminary information indicates that there was a domestic dispute before the shooting. Other female juveniles were arguing when the man reportedly grabbed a 17-year-old girl by the hair and strangled her. That’s when police say the boy grabbed a gun from a bedroom and shot him.
The boy is now in custody at the Juvenile Detention Center.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.come below:
- Local healthcare workers keep busy on Thanksgiving as COVID-19 cases continue to rise
- Schools struggle to stay open as quarantines sideline staff
- I-TEAM: COVID-19 survivors share stories of hope as they celebrate Thanksgiving
- Have Thanksgiving leftovers? USDA offers tips on how to safely store them for later
- 10-year-old boy sets up hot cocoa stand to help raise money for non-profit