CLEVELAND (WJW) — Cleveland police are investigating after a man who said he jumped out of a plane got stuck on a building early Sunday morning.
Police were called to a building near the intersection of E. 13th Street and Chester Avenue around 2 a.m.
When officers arrived on scene they found a 35-year-old man hanging approximately forty feet in the air. Police say he was entangled in a parachute that was stuck on the parking garage.
Cleveland firefighters tactically rescued the man from the side of the building.
He sustained a broken ankle and was taken to MetroHealth Medical Center.
The man told officers he and four other friends had jumped from a plane. The others reportedly landed safely in the park.
Police say the location of the man’s jump remains under investigation.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Joe and Jill Biden train tour launches from Cleveland Wednesday
- Can Cookie save the season? Cleveland Indians need a win tonight to keep the season alive
- ‘I am woman’ singer Helen Reddy dies at 78
- Clouds, wind, and rain; cooler air pushes in tomorrow
- From ‘Will you shut up man?’ to ‘Everyone knows he’s a liar,’ first presidential debate goes off the rails