**Watch the video above for more on the zoo’s ‘Trick or Treat Fest’ event.**
CLEVELAND (WJW) — The Cleveland Metroparks Zoo welcomed a baby giraffe to their family this week. The zoo made its official birth announcement on Facebook Friday afternoon.
According to the zoo, the giraffe calf was born on Tuesday to mother Jhasmin.
Both the calf and are doing well. The zoo says they are bonding in the indoor giraffe barn.
Guests can visit Jhasmin and her baby from the giraffe barn windows from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily.
The new arrival doesn’t have a name yet, however the zoo says they will be sharing more information next week on how the public can have a chance to name the calf.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- LIVE: Protestors rally in Minnesota before ex-officer put on trial in George Floyd’s death
- Sheriff searching for missing Wayne County teens believed to be traveling out of state
- People threaten to call ICE on Mexican restaurant staff after choice to keep mask requirement
- Student critical after alleged hazing at BGSU; Attorney says focus remains on the family
- A peek into what’s new in the world of luxury at Lexus