CLEVELAND (WJW) — Cleveland firefighters battled a fire at the old Juvenile Justice Center downtown on East 22nd St. Sunday night.
According to the department, crews arrived on scene around 9:30 p.m. and were met by heavy smoke and flames.
No injuries were reported. It’s unclear what caused the blaze.
Officials say the building has been abandoned for a while.
This is a developing story. Stay with FOX 8 for updates.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- City of Cleveland releases trick-or-treat times, discourages residents from taking part
- SCOTUS nominee meets with more GOP lawmakers on Capitol Hill as Democrats decline meetings
- Here’s where to find glorious fall foliage this weekend in Northeast Ohio
- Cuyahoga County Board of Elections meets to discuss additional absentee ballot drop sites
- The Indians and Yankees Wild Card game is back in a rain delay