CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW) – A Cleveland fire truck is out of service after it was hit by another car while responding to an accident.
The fire truck was arriving to the scene of a crash at Superior Ave. and E. 59th St. around 12 a.m. Friday.
Another car hit the fire truck and left the scene. No firefighters were hurt.
Firefighters were responding to an SUV into a brick building at that location.
Witnesses told police two people who were in the car ran away on foot.
No one inside the building was hurt.
Safety inspectors will be checking out the building to make sure there is no structural damage.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Teacher locked substitute out of classroom after he attacked students, police say
- Cleveland police officer resigns amid allegations of ethics violations
- Wintertime feel: Overnight snow flurries possible followed by cold temps in the morning
- Local business owners optimistic for end of Ohio’s coronavirus health orders
- Family grieving loss attributed to ‘COVID psychosis’